An easy peasy plant-based take on an old classic dish – Vegan Heart of Palm Scampi with Linguine!
I would be lying if I said I didn’t miss some of my families classic Italian meals, especially when they involve pasta!
One of my faves was shrimp scampi with linguine, which can still be made vegan by not including the shrimp. However, I found that it was a bit plain so tried it out with hearts of palm and it was a hit!
This is a quick meal to make on a week night, and the leftovers heat up great. My kiddos really enjoy this meal and it has been non-vegan approved by my hubby!
Take a look at how easy this pasta is to make!
Heart of Palm Scampi with Linguine
- 1-2 cups hearts of palm, coined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed ((or more if you love garlic))
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup veggie broth or white wine
- additional lemon juice if desired
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 box linguine, cooked ((approx. 175 grams uncooked))
- 1/2 tbsp vegan butter – optional
To a bowl, add the hearts of palm, crushed garlic, and lemon juice; gently mix and set aside to marinate for abut 30 minutes (I put mine in the fridge).
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium; add heart of palm mixture and stir – allow to cook for 4-5 minutes.
Add in veggie broth, parsley, red pepper flakes, and sea salt – you can add a little vegan butter and/or extra lemon juice at this point as well if using.
Once heated through, add in cooked linguine and toss to combine/warm.
Plate and top with more fresh parsley, nutritional yeast, or fresh cracked pepper.